When PPHelper jailbreak was released for iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3, it was welcomed with open arms, given that it was the first update to Cydia for some time. It was patched up very quickly with iOS 9.3.4 but a subsequent update to the jailbreak gave it unofficial support for iOS 9.3.5. Most users have been successful at downloading Cydia iOS 9.3.5 but the jailbreak can’t be used by everyone as it only provides support for 64-bit devices.
Image : Cydia iOS 9.3.5
However, there are two more options for those who have the older devices, one being the Safari method of downloading the Cydia app and the other being Home Depot jailbreak for iOS 9.3.x.
How to Download Cydia iOS 9.3.5 :
The first method is ideal for those who can’t or don’t want to jailbreak yet, providing easy access to Cydia updates at a single tap. The second method is Home Depot jailbreak, released for 32-bit devices only.
Method 1: Safari Browser
- From your home screen, launch the Safari browser
- Go to downloadcydia.org
- Wait for the page to load and then find the UP arrow [ it will be at the top or the bottom of your screen ] . Tap on it and a series of options will load on your screen
- Select Add to Home Screen
- The next step is to give the app icon a new name, one that you will recognize so type Cydia into the box and tap the Add button
- When you close Safari you will find the new Cydia app icon on your home page
Video: This will show you how these steps are done
Method 2: Home Depot Jailbreak
Home Depot is the very latest jailbreak and it was released to allow owners of the older 32-bit devices to update Cydia. The last few jailbreaks have only been available for 64-bit devices, leaving the older devices alone. Home Depot is for iOS 9.3.x but it is a semi-untethered jailbreak. This means you must jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch every single time you reboot your device, if this does change, we’ll let you know.
Image : Cydia iOS 9.3.5
Download Home Depot Jailbreak :
You should also know that you can only get Home Depot onto your device by using Cydia Impactor to side load it. If you want to go ahead and download Cydia with Home Depot, you will find a full guide at the given link.
- Home Depot Jailbreak [ Full Tutorial ]
Are you pleased that there is now a way for older devices to download Cydia ? Follow us on Facebook for all the latest updates.