Most jailbreakers are aware of a tool called Cydia Impactor and most of you will now that the app has been updated with a different purpose. The original Cydia Impactor is now called Cydia Eraser and it is one of the most useful tools that any jailbreaker should have. In fact, when you install Cydia, it should be you first download and here’s why.
Image : Cydia Eraser Download
Features of Cydia Eraser :
- You can remove a jailbreak without affecting what iOS version you are on
- That means being able to reinstall the jailbreak whenever you want
- If you need to take your iOS device in for repair Cydia Eraser can save your warranty
- If you want to sell your iPhone or iPad, remove the jailbreak easily
- Ideal for when you have problems with a jailbreak and want to start again
- Cydia Eraser does not require the use of a computer, it will work from your device
- You must back your data up before you use Cydia Eraser as it will remove your settings and data
How to Download Cydia Eraser :
When you use iTunes to restore your iPhone or iPad, you will automatically be put onto the latest version of the iOS and that may means not being able to jailbreak. Cydia Eraser is easier and it doesn’t update the iOS, leaving you with the freedom to choose whether to update or re-install the jailbreak.
Cydia Eraser is dead easily to use and those familiar with the original Cydia Impactor tool will find nothing has changed. As a refresher, here’s how to use it:
How to Use Cydia Eraser :
- First, take a backup of your data using iTunes and or iCloud, make sure that you do not accidentally update to a new iOS version
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into a power source and ensure that you a minimum battery life of 20%
- Open Cydia and then install Cydia Eraser
- Run Cydia Eraser on your device
- Tap the option for Delete all Data and Unjailbreak Device
- You need to confirm this is what you want to do so tap on Delete All
- Cydia eraser will now begin the process of removing the jailbreak so be patient
- Once Cydia Eraser has finished you will see the iOS welcome screen and you can set your device up again
Let us know if you need to use Cydia Eraser and how you get on; for all the latest updates, follow us on Facebook .