Recent jailbreaks have, sadly, only been made available for those with the newer 64-bit devices, leaving those with older iPhones and iPads without access to Cydia. It may be that this is the way forward, given that Apple is gradually phasing out the older devices and dropping iOS support for them but that doesn’t help those who either can’t afford to or don’t want to upgrade to newer devices. Thankfully, there is a new jailbreak designed purely for 32-bit devices and it’s called Home Depot.
Image : Home Depot Jailbreak Tutorial
Before you download it, be aware of these caveats to Home Depot jailbreak.
- It is a beta jailbreak and users are likely to suffer from instability issues and bugs
- You need to use Cydia Impactor to side load the jailbreak because it cannot be installed directly to your iOS device
- It is a semi-untethered jailbreak, another factor that is becoming more common with jailbreaks and, as such you need to rejailbreak whenever your device is rebooted
Supported Devices :
The following 32-bit devices support Home Depot jailbreak :
- All iOS devices on iOS 9.1 upto iOS 9.3.4.
Download Home Depot Jailbreak :
- Plug your iOS device into your computer and launch iTunes
- Ensure that you are running the latest version and back your data up
- On your PC or Mac, download Home Depot [ ipa ] and Cydia Impactor
- Launch Cydia Impactor on your device and then locate the .ipa file for Home Depot
- Drag and drop the .ipa into the open Cydia Impactor window
- You will need to input your Apple ID here [ if you don’t want to use your own, set up a dummy account ]
- Wait while Cydia Impactor side loads Home Depot onto your device
- When it has finished, you can disconnect your device and go to Settings > General > Profile & Device Management
- Find the Home Depot certificate and tap the Trust button; tap on Trust again
- Go to your home screen and launch the Home Depot icon [ image for illustration purposes only ]
- A warning message will load, tap OK > Go
- When your device resprings, Cydia should be on your home screen and the jailbreak has been successful
- If Cydia is not there, go back to Step 10 and start again
- The certificate for Home Depot will expire, free Apple ID’s get 7 days and paid developers ID’s get 12 months. After this time, go back to Step 3 and start again
- Because it is a semi-untethered jailbreak, you will need to repeat from Step 9 every time your device reboots
Offsets Not Found Fix :
Some users may face this error during the installation of Home Depot Jailbreak on iOS 9.3.5. Here is an easy fix for this.
How to Add an Offset :
- Download this Home Depot .ipa onto your Windows or Mac PC
- On your computer, download Cydia Impactor and remember where you saved it
- Connect your iOS device to the PC
- Locate Cydia Impactor folder and launch the .exe file
- A list of devices will appear; select yours
- Type in your Apple ID and password when asked to
- Now wait while Cydia Impactor begins the process of installing the package on your iOS device
- When it has finished, you can remove your device from your computer
- Tap on the icon on your home screen and then tap on Jailbreak | Cydia
- Wait for confirmation that your device will support this and then you can input your offsets [ offsets ], do input the right ones for the device and iOS version you are using.
Let us know how you get on and follow us on Facebook for more updates.