In years gone by we have had jailbreaks thrown at us from all directions but, since iOS 10 was released, things have slowed down somewhat. Much of this is likely down to the speed at which Apple is updating the new firmware, partly in a bid to keep the firmware running at optimum performance and partly to stop jailbreaking. iOS 10.2 has been released and it looks like the Cupertino company has been unsuccessful. Below you can find details on how to download Cydia iOS 10.2.
Image : Cydia iOS 10.2.1 Download Tutorial
How to Download Cydia iOS 10.2 :
There are two ways to do this, the first requiring the use of Safari browser and the second a little more complex.
Method 1: Safari Browser
- Launch Safari browser on your iOS device and go to the address bar
- Now go to downloadcydia.org
- Wait while the web page loads and then look for the UP arrow [ it will be at the bottom or top of the screen]. Tap on it
- Some options will load on the screen, choose Add to Home Screen
- A box will appear, you need to type in a new name for your icon. Call it Cydia and tap Add
- Now you can close Safari and the new Cydia app will be waiting on your home screen
Video: This shows you these steps
Method 2: Yalu Jailbreak
Yalu is the most up to date method for downloading Cydia on iOS 10.2 but there are a few bits of advice you should read about it. First, it will only work on 64-bit devices so owners of older ones will have to miss out this time. Second, it is semi-untethered and that means you must rejailbreak your device whenever you reboot it. Third, it is a beta jailbreak so expect some instability and finally, you must use Cydia Impactor to get it on your iOS device and, for that, you will need a valid Apple ID to hand. If you do have too much trouble, you can delete Yalu quite easily.
Image : Cydia iOS 10.2
Download Yalu :
The link below gives you all the information you need, including download steps:
- Yalu Jailbreak [ Full Tutorial ]
While Yalu may not be an ideal jailbreak for everyone, it is one of the only solutions we have for updating Cydia on iOS 10.2. Do let us know if you are going to try it and what you think of it. You can follow us on Facebook for all the latest jailbreak news and further updates to Cydia.