Jailbreaking seems to be falling apart and much of that is down to Apple; they have made no secret of the fact that they don’t like it and have long promised to put a stop to it. Up until iOS 10, it was all good but then the jailbreaks dried up and they haven’t really started again. In fact, the only jailbreak utility we had was Yalu and that came to us from Luca Todesco. Now we are on iOS 11.2.1 download [ext link] and we have found a way to install Cydia on it.
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2.1 Download
How to Download Cydia iOS 11.2.1 :
Choose from one of these two methods.
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
Make sure you have a good internet connection on your iOS device and that you have Safari browser , none of the others are going to work:
- Launch Safari
- Go to downloadcydia.org
- Wait for the mobile page to load and then find the UP arrow and tap on it, top right or bottom center of the page
- Choose Add to Home Screen from the new options along the bottom of your screen
- Now a box will load for you to name the app icon , type in Cydia and then tap Add
- When you exit Safari, you will now see the new Cydia icon on your home screen
Video : Above Steps explained
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
These steps need to be followed carefully otherwise success is not guaranteed:
- Launch Safari and visit this [ link ]
- On the information page that loads, tap on the link to Install Directly so that the profile can install on your iPhone or iPad
- Settings will open, tap on Install Profile and then type in your passcode
- Safari browser will then open, tap on Install Yalu and then Install on the confirmation window
- Settings will open again, tap on Install > Next > Done
- Wait for the installation to complete
If Yalu doesn’t work as it should do, follow these steps again carefully
Fix Cydia Crash Issues :
When you install Cydia in this way, it will crash within a few weeks, taking any apps and tweaks you downloaded with it. The only reason for this is that Apple can track your Apple ID and knows what apps you have downloaded and, if they haven’t signed the app certificate, they will revoke it. This will crash Cydia, leaving you to reinstall it. One easy way around this is to download Anti Revoke, a VPN tool that will protect your app certificates, stopping apps from revoking them. Click the link for a full guide on how to download Anti Revoke [ext link] .
Alternative Apps to Cydia :
We can’t all jailbreak iOS 11.2.1 [ext link] simply because Yalu jailbreak is limited to 64-bit iPhones, anything else is out of luck. Thankfully, there are several alternatives, app installers released to provide us with some of what Cydia does but without the jailbreak. Although they cannot replace Cydia, they are an interim solution, and these are two of the best:
Tutu App is a great alternative that offers some of the very best content, a decent range of Cydia tweaks, lots of paid apps for free and some of the best modified apps, such as Pokémon Go++, Snapchat++ and Spotify++. Get all the details and a full guide on how to download Tutu App [ext link] by clicking the given link
Emus4U is one of the better alternatives because, not only does it offer some Cydia tweaks, modified apps and paid apps for free, it also offers a decent selection of emulators. These emulators are the main reason for some people jailbreaking because they bring back the old console games and put them right there on our devices. Get a step by step Emus4U [ext link] download tutorial by clicking the linked post
Let us know whether you choose to download Cydia or go for one of the alternative app installers and follow us on Facebook for more jailbreak updates.