Jailbreaks seem to have fallen by the wayside in the last year or so and most of that is because of Apple. Making a promise to put a stop to it with iOS 10, the Cupertino company has certainly put a huge spanner in the works and, with all the updates they have issued, things haven’t gotten much better. Their latest update is the iOS 11.2.2 download [ext link], released to fix a specific vulnerability on the 64-bit devices but luckily, we have found two ways to install Cydia on the latest update.
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2.2 Download
How to Download Cydia on iOS 11.2.2 :
There are two ways to do this, one easy way and one more advanced. Both methods require the use of Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad and a decent internet connection:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Open Safari and go to downloadcydia.org
- When the page has loaded, find and tap the UP arrow, top or bottom of the page, depending on the device you are using
- Now some new options will load, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Type Cydia into the box to name the icon on your home screen . Tap the Add button and then you can close Safari
- Look on your homepage; there will be a new Cydia icon that you can tap to start using
Video: Watch to see how to download Cydia on iOS 11.2.2
Method 2: Configuration Profile [Advanced Method ]
Please make sure that each of these steps is followed as written and in order:
- Open Safari and go to this [ link ]
- When the information page has loaded, tap on the link to Install Directly to iOS Device – this is so that the profile can be installed on your device
- When your settings app has opened, tap on Install Profile and then input your passcode
- Safari will open, tap on Install Cydia and then tap Install on the Confirmation box
- Settings opens once more, tap Install > Next and then tap Done
- Wait for the installation to finish and you can begin using Cydia on your device
If the installation is not successful, repeat the steps carefully
How to Stop Cydia Crashing :
Because of the way you install Cydia, it is going to crash anytime up to 7 days after you install it. This is because Apple sees it as an unofficial app and will revoke the certificate. It doesn’t matter how many times you reinstall Cydia, until you take steps to stop it, Apple will continue to revoke the certificate. Installing NessTool [ext link] after you install Cydia is the only way to prevent this. This small tool works quietly to protect your app certificates, stopping them from being revoked and leaving you to enjoy Cydia. For more details, click on the given link.
Alternatives to Cydia :
Not all iOS users are able to install Cydia and not all want to. For those, there are alternatives in the form of a number of third-party app installers. While these won’t replace Cydia, they do offer a few Cydia tweaks and are well worth a look as an interim solution. Have a look at what these offer:
- Tutu App
One of the original app installers, TutuApp offers a good amount of content. There are some Cydia tweaks and some of the more popular ++ apps. These are modified with extra features and you can choose from the likes of Spotify++, Pokémon Go++, Snapchat++ and others like them. There is also a great deal of paid app store content to download for free so click on the link and find out how you can download Tutu App [ext link] today.
If you used to download games emulators from Cydia, playing your favorite console games on your iPhone or iPad, then Emus4U is the ideal installer. It offers several of the more popular emulators, along with some other Cydia tweaks and modified apps. You can also download some premium app store content for free so check out the link for more details on how to download Emus4U [ext link].
Tell us how you get on with installing Cydia on iOS 11.2.2 and get all the latest updates by following us on Facebook .