Cydia has always been very much available to us whenever we wanted to use it, but things have changed in recent times. After iOS 10, jailbreaks all but disappeared for a long time although we did eventually see Yalu jailbreak for the 64-bit iPhones. Now iOS 11.2.5 download [ext link] has been released, prompting fears of yet another jailbreak delay. However, the good news is, there is a way to install Cydia iOS 11.2.5 and we’re going to tell you how.
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2.5
How to Download Cydia iOS 11.2.5 :
We have two methods, one easy, one advanced so pick whichever one suits you”
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Go to downloadcydia.org
- Wait until the page loads up fully and then find and tap the UP arrow, top right [ iPad ] or bottom center [ iPhone ]
- This will launch a new screen with some extra options along the bottom, choose Add to Home Screen
- Now type Cydia into the box so that the icon is named . Tap the Add button
- Close Safari and you will see the Cydia icon on the home screen
- Tap to launch Cydia
Video: Watch to see how this is done
Method 2: Configuration Profile[ Advanced Method ]
You must follow these steps carefully otherwise Cydia may not be correctly installed
- Open the Safari browser and then open this [ link ]
- A Cydia information page loads, look for and tap on the Install link , this is what lets the profile install on your device
- Now your Settings app opens on the Profile page; tap on Install Profile and then type in your passcode
- Safari opens again, tap the link to Install Cydia
- A confirmation box will appear, tap on Install and your Settings app will open again
- Tap Install > Next > Done
- Wait for the Cydia installation to finish and you can start using it
If there is no icon, then you will need to go back and complete these steps again
Stopping Cydia From Crashing :
After a few days of installing Cydia, it will stop working, as will any app or tweak that you installed as well. This is because Apple does not like unofficial apps, those that they don’t sign into use or let into the app store, and they will revoke the certificates. There is an easy way to prevent this and that’s to download a VPN tool called NessTool. This will protect your certificates so that you can use your apps, without any need to keep reactivating them. You will find a NessTool [ ext link ] download guide and more information at the linked post.
Alternatives to Cydia :
Cydia can’t be downloaded on all iOS devices at the moment and, if yours is one of those that can’t be jailbroken, you can still get some of your tweaks and apps. A few third-party app installers have been released bringing us a bit of Cydia without the jailbreak so have a look at what these two have to offer:
- Tutu App VIP
Tutu App VIP is one of the original app installers; it is a gold-mine of content including some of the best modified ++ apps, like Pokémon Go++, Snapchat++ and Spotify++. You will also find a few of the best Cydia tweaks, lots of paid content for free and plenty of other useful apps and games. Find out what TutuApp VIP [ext link] can provide you and how to download it by clicking the linked post.
Emus4U, as you might expect from the name, has got a decent selection of games emulators. These are one of the most popular downloads from Cydia and now you don’t need to jailbreak to get PS1, Nintendo, Gameboy and other console games on your iPhone or iPad. As well, you can download a few other Cydia tweaks, some premium content for free and a few ++ modified apps, such as Instagram++ and Spotify++. Click the link to get more information and an Emus4U [ext link] download guide.
Neither app installer is a complete replacement for Cydia, but they do both give users some extra choices while we are waiting for more jailbreak news. As soon as we hear any updates on the iOS 11.2.5 jailbreak, we’ll let you know; follow us on Facebook to be first with the news