Jailbreaks are rare things now; since iOS 10 there have been few and what we have had is limited to certain devices. Apple has long promised that they would do this and it would seem that, if they haven’t stopped it altogether, they have at least put a serious dent in the efforts of the jailbreak developers and one of the ways they have done it is with the constant slew of updates. Today, the iOS 11.2.6 download [ext link] has been released but, you will be happy to learn, we have managed to find two ways to install Cydia on iOS 11.2.6. Read on to find out how:
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2.6 Download Tutorial
How to Download Cydia on iOS 11.2.6 :
Pick any one of these methods; they will only work on Safari browser:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad
- Now open downloadcydia.org
- When the new page has loaded, tap on the UP arrow , bottom center [ iPhone ] or top right [ iPad ] of your screen
- Now a new page opens with some options , tap on Add to Home Screen
- Type Cydia into the box so your icon has a name . Tap on Add and close Safari
- You will see the Cydia icon on your home page
- Tap and launch Cydia. Start using it to download apps.
Video: Shows you how to download Cydia on iOS 11.2.6
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
You need to follow these steps in order otherwise we can’t guarantee success
- Open Safari browser on your device and then open this [ link ]
- An information page about Cydia will open, find and tap the link to Install Directly to your device , this allows the profile to download
- When your settings app has opened, tap on Install Profile and then type your passcode
- Safari browser opens, tap the Install Cydia link and then confirm your actions by tapping on Install
- Now Settings will open again, tap Install > Next > Done
- When Cydia has finished installing you can start downloading your tweaks
If the install is not successful, you must repeat these steps again
How to Stop Cydia Crashing :
Cydia will stop working within a few days of you installing it because Apple revokes the certificate. They do this because it isn’t an app that they sign the certificate for and will not let it into their store. The only way to get it back is to reinstall it , and keep on reinstalling it but you can prevent this happening in one easy way. Simply download NessTool VPN App and your certificates will be protected from being revoked. Click on the link to find out how it works and get a NessTool download guide .
Cydia Alternatives :
Cydia is not compatible with all devices at the moment and that means lots of you are missing out on your Cydia tweaks. A few app installers have been released as alternative methods to getting some Cydia tweaks without the need to jailbreak first and two of those installers are:
- Tutu App
Tutu App was one of the first app installers to be released and it is one of the most feature-packed too. You can download some of the top Cydia tweaks, the best modified ++ apps like Instagram++, Spotify++ and more. Along with all the paid apps and games you could possibly want for free. Check out the link for more details and a Tutu App [ext link] download guide.
Games Emulators are popular in Cydia because they let us play old-school console games on our iOS devices. Emus4U has some of the more popular emulators, for the Gameboy, the Nintendo and the PS1, along with modified ++ apps, a few other Cydia tweaks and plenty of paid content, completely free. Find out what else Emus4U [ext link] has along with how to download it by clicking on the link.
Tell us if you can install Cydia or not or if you opt to try an app installer instead. Follow us on Facebook for more of the latest news.