Jailbreaking hasn’t been too great just recently and much of that can be placed at Apple’s feet. They haven’t made any bones about wanting to stop it altogether and, when they released iOS 10 it appeared that they had finally won the war. Until Yalu jailbreak was released by Luca Todesco that is. Although it was the only utility released, it was better than nothing but, with the iOS 11.2 jailbreak [ext link], it looked like things were going the same way. Apple has released the iOS 11.2 download [ext link] and now we have discovered that there is a way to download Cydia on iOS 11.2. Read on for more details.
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2 Download Tutorial
How to Download Cydia iOS 11.2 :
We have two methods for this so choose which one is best for you
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
All you need is a decent internet connection on your iPhone or iPad and Safari browser. Please don’t bother with any of the other browsers because they don’t work
- Open Safari browser on your iPad or iPhone
- Tap on the address bar and type in downloadcydia.org
- Tap go and let the page load up. Now you can tap on the UP arrow , iPad users look at the top right of their screen and iPhone users, at the bottom center.
- From the choices along the bottom of the screen, choose Add to Home Screen
- Next, type Cydia into the box so that your icon has a name . Tap on the Add button and then you can close Safari
- Now you will see the Cydia icon on your home screen
Video: This shows you how to download Cydia on iOS 11.2
Method 2: Yalu Jailbreak App [ Advanced Method ]
Yalu Jailbreak is the only jailbreak utility that we have seen in the last year or so and we only got it because, in the absence of any news from Taig, Pangu or PP jailbreak teams, Italian developer Luca Todesco decided to put some of the jailbreak community out of their misery. We say some because, given how far Apple seems to have gone, Yalu will only work on certain devices.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
- The only way to download Cydia on iOS 11.2 with Yalu is if you have a 64-bit iPhone
- Cydia Impactor is a necessary tool as you can only get Yalu by side loading it onto your iPhone. You are going to need your Apple ID, but you may, if you prefer, open a second account so that you have a dedicated ID for use with Cydia Impactor
- Finally, you will need to reactivate Cydia anytime that you reboot your iPhone because Yalu is semi-untethered. To make this easier for you, you can download Extender Installer, a new tool that automates the process.
Given all that, if you are able to download Yalu jailbreak, check out the information in the links below, including a full walkthrough with download links.
- Download Yalu Jailbreak [ Full Tutorial]
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2
Fix Cydia Crash Issues :
For anyone that is used to using Cydia Impactor and their Apple ID to install apps, these crashes should come as no surprise to you. For those new to it, they will be more than a little irritating as, every time Cydia crashes, you will need to reactivate it, and this is going to happen every 7 days or so. The reason? Apple doesn’t have anything to do with signing the app certificates, so they will revoke them on a regular basis. There is a very simple way of fixing this though; just download Anti Revoke [ext link]. This tool will stop Apple from verifying and revoking the app certificates, a necessary tool when you use Cydia Impactor. Check out the linked post for more information.
Cydia Alternatives :
vShare is a name that many will recognize as being a repository from Cydia. It is now possible to use vShare without a jailbreak and it acts as the perfect alternative to Cydia. It offers us some of the tweaks and modified apps we are used to using, like AirShou [ext link] screen recorder, Pokémon Go++ and Spotify++, not to mention access to paid iOS apps store content for free. Find out how to download vShare [ext link] by clicking on the given link.
If you are one of the unlucky ones who isn’t able to download Cydia right now and you are missing using your favorite games emulators, then you should consider using Emus4U. This is an app installer that is packed with emulators that let you play old-school console games on your iOS device, along with a few other tweaks, modified apps like Snapchat++ and paid apps for free. If you want to give Emus4U a go, tap the link to go to an Emus4U [ext link] download guide.
Tell us how you get on with Cydia on iOS 11.2 or if you need to use an app installer instead and follow us on Facebook for more iOS 11.2 jailbreak news.