Where we used to have jailbreaks for every iOS release, now we’re lucky if we see one or two a year at most. It all slowed right down after iOS 10 and, although there have been a couple of jailbreaks, they tend to be limited to specific devices only. Apple has always promised to put a stop to jailbreaking and iOS 10 appears to have gone a long way toward doing this, partly through constantly throwing new updates at us, many with security fixes. Today, we have another update, the iOS 11.3 download [ext link] but, unlike previous updates, this time we have found a couple of ways to download Cydia onto iOS 11.3. Here’s how.
Image : Cydia iOS 11.3 Download Tutorial
How to Download Cydia iOS 11.3 :
There are two ways , one easy, one advanced and both require Safari browser to work:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Launch Safari on your iOS device
- From the address bar, go to https://cydiainstaller.app [ copy-paste in browser ]
- On the page that loads, tap the UP arrow , top or bottom of your screen
- On the new page that loads, tap on the option to Add to Home Screen
- Now you need to provide a name for the new icon so type Cydia into the box provided and tap the Add button
- Close Safari and the Cydia icon is on your home screen; to open, tap the icon
Video: Watch to see how to download Cydia on iOS 11.3
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
Please follow these steps as written to install the Cydia profile on your device:
- Launch Safari and go to this [ link ]
- Tap the link to Install Profile on the information page that loads, this allows the profile to install on your device
- Settings will open to the Profile page; tap Install Profile
- Input your passcode and Safari will open
- Tap Install Cydia and then tap Install on the confirmation box
- Settings opens again, tap Install > Next
- Tap on Done and wait for the installation to finish
- Now you can begin using Cydia to download your apps and tweaks
If Cydia is not visible on your device, the installation has failed so repeat these steps carefully
Stopping Cydia from Crashing :
Because Cydia is not an official iOS app and because Apple doesn’t let it in their store, it will crash and stop working a few days after installation, as will any app or tweak that you downloaded. This is because Apple revokes all invalid certificates and the only way to restore everything is to reactivate Cydia. Stopping this from happening in the first place is simple, install NessTool. This small tool will protect your app certificates, so Apple can’t revoke them. See how it works and how to download NessTool by clicking the link.
Alternatives to Cydia :
Cydia is still not fully compatible with all iOS devices or iOS versions s some people will still not be able to use it. There are some alternatives though; in the last year or so, a series of app installers has been released, each one with some of what Cydia has but without having to install a jailbreak first. Try one of these:
- Tutu App
Tutu App is a very popular app installer, incredibly comprehensive and packed with content. Not only can you get some great Cydia tweaks, you can also download from a choice of modified apps, such as Pokémon Go++, Spotify++ and Instagram++. There is also a huge choice of paid apps for free and lots of other content. For full details and a guide on how to download Tutu App [ext link], click the link.
If one of the reasons you used Cydia was to get your games emulators, playing your favorite retro console games on your iPhone or iPad, then Emus4U is the installer you want. It has lots of the best emulators in it, supporting the PS1, Nintendo, and Gameboy. There are other Cydia tweaks to choose from, modified ++ apps and loads of premium content for free. Click the link to find out more details and an Emus4U [ext link] download a guide.
Have you been able to install Cydia? If not, what do you think of the installers ? Let us know how you get on and follow us on Facebook for more updates and news.