Not so long back, everyone could install Cydia on their iOS devices if they wanted, regardless of what iOS version they were on. Now only a small handful of users can and that’s only if they are on iOS 10. The iOS 11.4 download has been released, containing more security and bug fixes, adding to the long line of frequent updates that Apple has been releasing. The reason for this is partly to avoid any more embarrassment with firmware that isn’t up to the job and is full of bugs and partly to put a stop to jailbreaking. We are happy to tell you that we have found a couple of ways that you can install Cydia on iOS 11.4. Here’s how.
Image : Cydia iOS 11.4 Download Tutorial
How to Download Cydia on iOS 11.4 :
There are two methods, one easy, one more advanced, both requiring Safari browser:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Launch Safari and go to the address bar
- Type https://cydiainstaller.app [ copy-paste in browser ] and tap on Go
- On the newly loaded page, tap the UP arrow , top right [ iPad] or bottom center [ iPhone ] of your screen
- Another page opens, tap Add to Home Screen at the bottom of the page
- Type Cydia into the box so your icon is named , Tap on Add and close Safari
- The Cydia icon will be on the homepage
Video: See how these steps are done
Method 2: Electra Jailbreak [ Advanced Method ]
This is a more involved method and you must follow the steps as written otherwise Cydia may not be installed:
- Launch Safari browser and then open this official link for download https://cydiainstaller.app [ copy-paste in browser ]
- Wait while the page loads and then find the Install link , tap this so the configuration profile can be downloaded
- Wait for Settings to open and then tap on Install Profile
- Input your passcode and Safari will open
- Tap Install Cydia, tap Install on the confirmation box and Settings will open again
- Tap on Install > Next > Done
- When the installation has finished there will be a Cydia icon on your home page
- If the icon is not there, you haven’t installed Cydia. These steps must be repeated, carefully
How to Fix Cydia Not Working :
Cydia is an unofficial app and this means it does not have the support of Apple. Because of this they will revoke the app certificate very quickly after installation and Cydia will stop working. By installing NessTool, you can stop this. A small VPN tool, NessTool protects certificates from being revoked; find out how by clicking the link.
Cydia Alternatives :
Not everyone wants to jailbreak and, sadly, Cydia still isn’t compatible with every device. For those who want their Cydia tweaks back but can’t or don’t want to jailbreak can try one of these alternatives:
- Tutu App
One of the earlier and most popular of the Cydia alternatives, TutuApp VIP [ext link] offers a huge range of paid iOS app store apps for free, some of the top modified apps, like Pokémon Go++, Snapchat++ and Instagram++ as well as a few Cydia tweaks. Get a full download tutorial and more Tutu App information at the link
Focusing on games emulators, Emus4U is looking to provide some of the most popular Cydia content. With emulators for the PS1, Nintendo, Gameboy and others, Emus4U also offers a few other tweaks and modified apps, along with loads of other content. Check out what you get and how to download Emus4U [ext link] by clicking on the link.
Try Cydia for iOS 11.4, let us know what you think and follow us on Facebook for all the latest news.