iOS 11 download [ext link] has, at long last been released. First announced in June, the latest firmware has undergone several beta versions and rigorous testing to ensure it is stable and ready for release. You can check out all the new iOS 11 features in the linked article but now we are going to talk about jailbreaking. Although iOS 10 didn’t get many jailbreaks, we do now have Cydia iOS 11 and we are going to show you how to get it.
Image : Cydia iOS 11 Download
How to Download Cydia on iOS 11 :
There are multiple ways to download Cydia and get iOS 11 Jailbreak [ext link] on your iPhone and iPad :
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Open Safari on your iOS device , this is the only browser that will work
- Go to downloadcydia.org and wait for our mobile page to load
- Find the UP arrow and tap on it [ bottom of the screen on the iPhone and top on the iPad ]
- Some options will now appear at the bottom of your screen , choose Add to Home Screen
- Now you must name your icon so call it Cydia and tap on Add
- Shut Safari and you will find the new Cydia icon on the home screen
Video: This will show you these steps
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
This method is more advanced so make sure you follow the steps correctly:
- Launch Safari and then open this [ link ]
- On the loaded page, tap on Directly Install to iOS Device so that the profile can download
- When your Settings app opens to the Profile page, tap on Install Profile
- Type in your passcode and then Safari will open
- Tap on the link to Install Cydia and a confirmation box will pop up – tap on Install
- Your Settings app will open again, tap Install > Next > Done
- Now wait for Cydia to install and you can start using it.
If Cydia won’t open, then you should go back and repeat these steps to make sure you didn’t miss out anything
Method 3: Yalu Jailbreak [ Expert Method ]
As we said, things were a bit of a problem for iOS 10 but we do have Luca Todesco to thank for providing Yalu Jailbreak. And now, against all the odds, he has updated it to support iOS 11 but it will not work on all iOS devices. Before you download Yalu, here’s what you need to know:
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
- Yalu only supports the iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6S and 6S Plus
- It is a semi untethered jailbreak and that means you must reactivate Yalu every time you reboot your iOS device. To help, Extender Installer has been released and this will do the reactivation atomically
- Cydia Impactor must be used to install Yalu on your iOS device and you will need a valid Apple ID for this
Image : Cydia iOS 11 Download
If you are in a position to download Cydia for iOS 11 using Yalu jailbreak, check out the link below for a full guide:
- Download Yalu Jailbreak [ Full Tutorial ]
While Yalu isn’t the fullest jailbreak we have ever used, it is certainly better than nothing and, if yours is one of the supported devices, then it is your only choice for getting Cydia iOS 11.
How to Fix Cydia Not Working :
Because Apple doesn’t like jailbreaking, they will not sign any jailbreak certificates, nor will they allow them into the app store. Because of this, when you install Cydia on your iPhone or iPad in this way, they will revoke the certificate and the app will crash. Reinstalling it will fix the problem but only until they revoke it again, so you need to install Anti Revoke. This will protect your certificates and Apple will not be able to revoke them. Find out more by clicking the link below:
- Download Anti Revoke [ ext link ]
Cydia Jailbreak Alternatives :
If you can’t install Cydia on your device at the moment, you don’t need to miss out entirely. Several app installers are doing the rounds, each offering something from Cydia without a jailbreak so have a look at the following two alternatives to Cydia:
vShare should be a familiar name to many as it was once a repository only available in Cydia. Now, although it is still in there, it has also been updated to work outside of Cydia, providing a selection of tweaks, paid apps for free and modified apps to anyone who doesn’t want to or can’t jailbreak right now. Find out more information and how to download vShare [ext link] by following the given link
TutuApp is a very popular alternative, containing a wide selection of Cydia apps, not to mention some of your favorite ++ apps, like Spotify++, Pokémon Go++ and Snapchat++. And you can also choose from millions of app store apps and download them for free. Check out the given link for more details and a guide on how to download TutuApp [ext link].
Let us know how you get on with it and for all the up to date Cydia iOS 11 news, follow us on Facebook .