For so long, the jailbreaks have all been aimed at 64-bit devices, leaving users of the older devices out in the cold. For those of you still on iOS 9.3.5, a lifeline has been offered in the shape of Phoenix Jailbreak, provided you have a 32-bit device. Phoenix is semi-untethered, which means it will need to be re-jailbroken every time your device is rebooted and you will need to use Cydia Impactor to install it. You will also need to re-sign the jailbreak certificate every 7 days. Read on for all the details on how to install Phoenix jailbreak.
Image : Phoenix Jailbreak Download
How to Install Phoenix Jailbreak :
- Download Phoenix Jailbreak onto your computer [ ext link ]
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your computer
- Disable Find my iPhone | iPad and your passcode on your iPhone or iPad , these can be turned back on after
- Connect your device to your Mac or PC
- Open Cydia Impactor
- Extract the Phoenix .ipa file and drag it into the open Cydia Impactor window
- Input your Apple ID and passcode and wait while Cydia Impactor signs and side loads the Phoenix jailbreak onto your device
- Once the installation is complete, it won’t run until you take one more step so, on your iPhone or iPad open the Settings app.
- We need to fix a certificate issue so open General and then Profile and Device Management
- Locate the certificate for Phoenix and tap on it
- Tap on Trust and close Settings
- Tap the Phoenix Jailbreak icon on your home screen
- Tap on the Prepare for Jailbreak button
- Wait while the installation completes and your device resprings
- Now you will see the Cydia icon on your home screen , tap to open and start using your jailbreak.
As we said earlier, this is a semi-untethered jailbreak so the jailbreak will need to be reinstalled whenever your device is rebooted. Also, if you are using a regular Apple ID, the Phoenix certificate will expire every 7 days so you will need to go through the process of re-signing it and reloading the jailbreak each time. If you are using a developer ID, this will happen every 12 months.
As a side note, not everyone wants to use their Apple ID so feel free to set up a dummy account for use with Cydia Impactor. As long as it is valid, it will work.
Let us know how you get on with Phoenix jailbreak and allow us on Facebook for all the latest news.